Sunday, March 10, 2013

69/365: Lucky or Unlucky Break

I was rushing out of Sonoma with two dogs under my arms and several bags slung over my shoulders. I got the dogs loaded, hopped in the car and took off. As I backed up, it seemed that I must have rolled over a rock in the driveway.Halfway home, Andy, who was in a different car, called to say that I'd left one of my bags in the middle of the driveway. I had a sinking feeling as I realized it was the bag with my Nikon D90, my laptop and my iPod -- basically, all my expensive electronics. Once we both got home, I grabbed the bag to see how bad the damage was. At first, it seemed the only casualty was a cheap polarizing lens. But it had actually been on my camera at the time. Sure enough, I had backed the Prius over the lens. So far, I think it's only the kit lens that has suffered. I stole Andy's lens from his D80 and everything seems to work fine. We'll see. But it could have been worse. And yes, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment