Saturday, February 2, 2013

33/365: First Champagne on the Last Flight

Getting back from Africa was a 48 hour nightmare, starting from a KLM flight that took off, flew for an hour then turned back to Arusha and dumped us in an airport hotel. Then we were given new flights, only to find that I was being routed through Paris and my mother was routed through Amsterdam. After much anguish and the help of the gals at Ethiopian Airlines, we both got routed through Addis Ababa to Paris. Only to arrive in Paris and find out that my mother was expected to be in Amsterdam and there was no flight for her. Much pleading in high school French and we were finally put on the same plane. But there was only one Business Class seat and one Premium Economy. I know I'm going straight to Hell, but I sent my mother back to Economy since she always hates airline food and service no matter where she flies. And I sure needed that never ending champagne once we were on a flight I knew would finally take us back to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment